"The artist is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of the tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.

Monday 20 April 2020

Something Different

The mezzotint that I have been working on for the last month (see previous posts) is now at the critical stage where I need to think carefully about which areas I work on more and which I leave alone. I don't want to overwork it, so I've put it aside for a while and spent a couple of days cutting this small engraving.


As I don't have a book binding press to print with, I made a false bed from a piece of MDF the same thickness as the wood block so that I can run it through my etching press.


Strictly speaking it's not a wood engraving as it has been worked on a plastic substitute called Resingrave which I bought from TN Lawrence printmaking supplies.


Falco peregrinus
Engraving on Resingrave
126mm x 102mm
Edition of 50
£50.00 unframed. 
Available here

No comments:

Post a Comment