"The artist is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of the tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.

Saturday 27 February 2021

3rd time lucky

 


Sunny Bank Farm

Linocut

296mm x 209mm

Edition of 9

I finished this linocut earlier today, the first lino print I've made since last summer. Having spent the autumn and winter months working on wood engravings and a mezzotint. This is a subject that has taxed me to say the least though.After two previous failed attempts at making a print of this ruined farm I've wasted more ink, lino and paper on this crumbling pile of stones than any other subject I've tackled. Finally I have an image I'm happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment