"The artist is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of the tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.

Sunday 30 June 2019

Revisiting a past failure

A couple of years ago I tried to make a print of a Salmon leaping a waterfall. Things didn't go well and I abandoned the print after about 3 colours. I've re-drawn the composition with hopefully a less wooden looking fish and started again.


Colour 1 


Colour 2


Colour 3
The first 3 colours build up the spray at the foot of the waterfall. Next I put the base colour on the body of the fish.


Colour 4


Colour 5


Colour 6
Colours 5 and 6 build up the patterning on the fish and the darker colouring on the water. There is one final colour after this which I printed this morning. Once its dry I'll scan and post a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment